This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin1.dll could not be found -> bzip2 libraries should not be optional?
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"James Mead" <james dot mead at mail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:49:47 +1000
- Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll could not be found -> bzip2 libraries should not be optional?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Mead" <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 1:23 AM
Subject: cygwin1.dll could not be found -> bzip2 libraries should not be
> I could not find cygwin1.dll anywhere on my machine - it appears it had
> been downloaded or at least not unpacked.
There was a faulty setup.ini for a few hours. You got bitten by it on your
first install, but not on your second.
> This time everything worked like a dream. So to me it looks like the bzip2
> shared libraries are not optional. Does this make sense?
No, but I can see how you drew that conclusion. Setup.exe is statically
linked with libbz2 and does not require the shared libraries.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html