This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shells and makefiles are still very slow with cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-noreply at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:04:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: Shells and makefiles are still very slow with cygwin
- References: <000501c224db$f7c4c1e0$0200a8c0@duron850>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:57:47PM +0200, Paul Pitot wrote:
>Shells and makefiles are still very slow with cygwin
>I use cygwin for about 2 years and do not see any real response to this
>simple question :
>Why a simple shell script like this is so slow ?
It's been two years of basic, unadulterated, pure, raw meanness on our
part. Our hearts are black, our intentions are malign. We like to kick
small animals, tease small children, and fiddle endlessly with the
keypad at ATMs. We spit at convention and tromp on sacred values like
"the inalienable right to have free software that works the way I want
it to work, dammit."
Shell script slowness is just one of the many sadistic ways that we "get
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html