This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:34:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system
- References: <20020708173949.L97906-100000@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:27:10PM -0500, Ivo Janssen wrote:
>Reading the FAQ, it seems it's impossible to have 2 versions of
>cygwin1.dll running on one system:
>I was wondering if there was a way around this.
>My problem is this: I'm pushing a cygwin application to desktops in
>my company. I'm distributing cygwin1.dll as part of that package,
>because most users don't have cygwin installed.
So, you should check for the existence of a cygwin1.dll. If one exists
and it is older than the one you're installing, replace it. Otherwise,
don't install cygwin1.dll.
You're asking for trouble otherwise.
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html