This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unstriped PE executables contain data from the import library after the end of the last section - is this correct ?
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:05:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: unstriped PE executables contain data from the import library after the end of the last section - is this correct ?
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
PT> Now since my initial post I tried to find what this data is and it
PT> seems that it is the output of the functions make_one() and friends
PT> from ld/pe-dll.c. Now my question is - what is the purpose of having
PT> this data from the import library, appended to the executable itself ?
PT> Is this correct ?
I was advised to post to the binutils and/or cygwin ml, when I
initially posted on cygwin-apps. Now, it seems that neither binutils
people, nor anyone on cygwin is interested to answer this question.
Is the answer really that obvious so noone cares to answer ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html