This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
When using CYGWIN to telnet to an AIX machine I got the following error" 0602-108 CYGWIN is not a recognized terminal type "
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: meshkp at pjm dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:47:46 +0100
- Subject: When using CYGWIN to telnet to an AIX machine I got the following error" 0602-108 CYGWIN is not a recognized terminal type "
- References: <BDC4D6716C62D411A5170004AC93003101645A30@pjmnt34.pjm.com>
On Wednesday 10 Jul 02, firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
> No problems when teleneting to Linux and using VI. AIX Problems allows only to
> scroll by line mode no page up or page down. Is this configuration problem for
> VI on CYGWIN is there way to fix it?
I recommend you use rxvt, then TERM will be set to xterm, which your
AIX should be happy with.
If there isn't something about this in the FAQ already then I should
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html