This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Rebasing apache 1.3.24-5
- From: "Paul Stodghill" <stodghil at cs dot cornell dot edu>
- To: "Cygwin Mailing List (E-mail)" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:11:15 -0400
- Subject: Rebasing apache 1.3.24-5
This message is intended for the archives. Please don't feel that you have to respond to it.
Out of the box, apache 1.3.24-5 does not run successfully. /var/log/apache/error_log may contain something like the following,
[Thu Jul 11 07:58:43 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.24 (Cygwin) configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Jul 11 07:58:43 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: pthread (Default: pthread)
C:\Progra~1\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap C:\Progra~1\cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll to same address as parent -- 0x470000
11139251 [main] httpd 2296 sync_with_child: child 2032(0x6C8) died before initialization with status code 0x1
11193363 [main] httpd 2296 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading dlls
[Thu Jul 11 07:58:44 2002] [error] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: fork: Unable to fork new process
Here is how to fix the problem,
1. Download and compile rebase. Search the archives for the URL. [I used 1.5-1, I have not tried 1.18]
2. Rebase the Apache module DLL's,
% rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 /lib/apache/*.dll
Apache should successfully start now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html