This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Charles: Fwd: Re: NDBM & ODBM on Cygwin?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>,cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:08:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Charles: Fwd: Re: NDBM & ODBM on Cygwin?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nicholas Wourms wrote:
P.S. - Before you say so, I am aware of the limitations of the FAT
filesystem. All I'm saying is that there is always a solution to a
But there's no guarantee that the solution is
a) within your budget
b) can be accomplished within a finite time period
c) is worth the effort.
All of this takes time -- time that could be better used in other areas.
I'm not interested in getting that particular subset of gdbm working
on FAT -- I've looked into it, and IMO the effort and time involved is
huge; the opportunity cost (in the macroeconomic sense) is too great.
That's why cvs has the hacks that it does; it was more efficient to fix
the FAT drive problem there, rather than in gdbm.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html