This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: error building miniperl.exe with binutils-latest
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:10:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: error building miniperl.exe with binutils-latest
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> installed gcc-3.1.1-2 and latest binutils today.
> Lot of messages like this:
> /usr/src/libperl.a(locale.o)(.text+0x366):locale.c: variable '__ctype_' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
> But this as info at the end:
> Info: resolving __ctype_ by linking to __imp___ctype_ (auto-import)
> This is during linking against the static libperl.a to build
> What to do?
I tested previous releases of binutils, it still doesn't work, seems to
be a problem with gcc3. Will try gcc2 latest with binutils latest now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html