This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: New setup pre-release - feedback needed
- From: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:37:09 -0400
- Subject: RE: New setup pre-release - feedback needed
Here are some minor changes that might be worth making (no, they don't
1. Move the 'emacs'-related items from 'Misc' to 'Editors' so that
they can be found more easily.
2. Combine the 'Devel' and 'Development' groups, unless there's some
reason for their being separate that I've missed.
3. 'setup' is available under both 'System' and 'Utils'. 'Admin'
seems to me like the most appropriate group for 'setup'.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Collins [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 10:11 AM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: New setup pre-release - feedback needed
> We're coming up on a new release of setup.exe, with a number of user
> interface enhancements to make it more obvious what setup is
> doing when it
> It *should* be bug free, although there may be a minor bug with
> autodetection of upgrades (we have one report, but no debugging info).
> The pre-release snapshot can be found at
> As usual, the quality of this release will depend on feedback
> from you, the
> users. Please give the new version a go, and if you have
> *any* trouble, send
> me the setup.log and setup.log.full from your run of setup.exe.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html