This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: is there a sendmail ?
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Nicholas Wourms" <nwourms at yahoo dot com>,"Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:41:16 +1000
- Subject: Re: is there a sendmail ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Wourms" <email@example.com>
To: "Robert Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org>; "Max Bowsher"
> Which gets me thinking, perhaps this is YA function which could be
> by Cygserver? It makes sense seeing as how this could use semaphores.
> the dates, it looks like he's updated it recently. Max, you might
> correspond with Conrad Scott, who has been spearheading the Cygserver
> project lately. He is very will versed in interprocess communications
> could probably refer you to some excellent material to get you up to
The cygserver could be (and should in the long run) be used to provide
persistence for the fifo when all involved processes have exited. But
that's all that's needed. It *could* be used for all fifo activity, but
frankly, I don't see much need for the overhead.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html