This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Password handling and Inetd configuration
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: Phil Smith <aphilsmith at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 21 Jul 2002 11:52:02 +1000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Password handling and Inetd configuration
- References: <F2376IOqjp3sO57xYAK00017aaa@hotmail.com>
On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 11:44, Phil Smith wrote:
> /etc/services just isn't supported. Of course, I can try looking at the
> source code, but I was hoping that Red Hat or others in the Cygwin community
> could share more than "clues."
Inetd, and cygwin, use the NT SERVICES file. For you convenience you
might want to symlick /etc/services to the NT SERVICES file. The NT
SERVICES file normally lives in %SYSTEMROOT%/system32/drivers/etc/.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html