This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows can edit cygwin-files?
- From: "Fred Rathke" <comrat at hotmail dot com>
- To: "news: cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Fred Rathke" <comrat at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:46:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Windows can edit cygwin-files?
- References: <OE21EVrQQehrOBDQnDl000028f2@hotmail.com> <email@example.com>
thanks for your answer.
Fred> Hello, is it possible to edit the files generated by/under
Fred> cygwin with a text editor under Windows XP?
Eric> Of course -- they're just files.
But I heard that cygwin uses a "directory" or "partition" that is not
a real one, because all it stores it puts into one single file, it got
from the operation system it is installed on.
So for windows its one file, too big to edit really and with a format
I dont know, but for cygwin it looks like it's own harddisk. Thats
true? Thanks for your help.
Usability in Ihrem Projektleitfaden.
Sponsered by www.liquidinformation.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html