This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: an ``open'' command which resolves file associations
- From: Michael Schaap <cygwin at mscha dot org>
- To: "Qiezi ." <wodeqiezi at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:30:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: an ``open'' command which resolves file associations
- References: <F80PtS6EeCUGbqYfwjn000173d2@hotmail.com>
On 21-7-2002 22:05, Qiezi . wrote:
Install the "cygutils" package using setup.exe. It comes with
"cygstart", which does this, among others.
I've been wondering for a long time whether someone had written a
program for cygwin to do what NeXT's open(1) program does. At least
in the current incarnation, under OSX, open resolves file-type
associations at the command line and opens a file.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html