This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
running sshd with a different port than 22
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:11:59 +0200
- Subject: running sshd with a different port than 22
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
For some reason I want to run the sshd on port 21.
I invoked "ssh-host-config -p 21" and let the script install
sshd as a service (I'm on NT4).
After starting sshd as a service I can connect from the same
$ ssh -p 21 localhost
Now I tried to connect from a second (remote) box and I get this:
$ ssh -p 21 server
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
I see that it is really running:
$ telnet server 21
Connected to server.koeln.convey.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
I can see sshd is forking of several childs on the server...
Is there some important issue I misunderstood?
Why is it not possible to connect sshd on port 21?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html