This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Odd mount and path problem
- From: "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <streepy at healthlanguage dot com>
- To: Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo dot fr>
- Cc: "Robinow, David" <drobinow at dayton dot adroit dot com>,cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:59:35 -0600
- Subject: Re: Odd mount and path problem
- References: <email@example.com>
Even though it is not in my mount table, "ls /cygdrive/c" works.
Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
Sorry, but this is nonsense.
If C:/ is mounted as /c then both /c and /cygdrive/c will both
may have different text/binary characteristics.
In any case mounting /c has no affect on what /cygdrive/c does.
If you look at his mount, it doesn't have the /cygdrive/c mount point.
so he won't have acces to /cygdrive/c and a program configured to look
in all dos drives won't find a file located on C: drive.
just my 2 cents.
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en franšais !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.
Chief Technical Officer and VP of Engineering
Health Language, Inc. -- "We speak the language of healthcare"
970/626-5028 (office) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
970/626-4425 (fax) http://www.healthlanguage.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html