This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How does mmap () relate to the binary / text mode flag of open ()
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:37:57 +0200
- Subject: How does mmap () relate to the binary / text mode flag of open ()
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
Does the O_BINARY / O_TEXT flag change the behaviour of mmap () ? I
red some mmap() manpages but none of them give a clear explanation :(
It looks like mmap () on Cygwin doesn't care about it and just maps
the file as it is on the disk. Can anyone confirm this ?
I want to be sure, because I'm trying to find any places in
MC where the open() call is missing the O_BINARY flag, where it would
be better to have it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html