This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot connect sshd on port 21 from w2k client
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:39:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: cannot connect sshd on port 21 from w2k client
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <BADF3C947A1BD54FBA75C70C241B0B9E40F131@ex02.idirect.net>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> 1. Does /var/log/sshd.log provide any clues?
That is what I posted with my previous mail, sshd started as a service
with "-d -d -d" as args instead of -D.
> 2. You're running NTFS on Win2k, right?
The server runs on NT4 and I want to connect from W2K.
> 3. Your file/directory permissions all look ok, right?
Hmmm, I can connect from several NT4 boxes so I guess it is all ok.
I can also connect from any client if the shd is running on port 22...
I forget to mention that I can also connect from a linux box, regardless
which port sshd is listening to.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html