This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <FrederikReiss at gmx dot de>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:06:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Today i tryed to play al little with the ssh server.
> And it seems to be a problem when sshd runs under the SYSTEM user.
Oh great. "A problem." Do you think we are telepathic???
Also, running sshd as SYSTEM is the only way to get it to work properly, unless
you fiddle around with lots of priviledges.
> I created a service like this and then all works fine.
> cygrunsrv.exe -I sshd -f "CYGWIN sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd.exe -e
> "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec" -u gulli -a "-D"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html