This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MySQL server under cygwin
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Terry Flannery" <terry dot flannery at btinternet dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:42:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: MySQL server under cygwin
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <00b201c2352f$71e9d4c0$3400a8c0@sknet01>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Samstag, 27. Juli 2002 um 07:35 schriebst du:
> Is it possible to build and run mysql under cygwin?
> I have read in the mailing list archives some issues with
> the cygwin POSIX threads implementation that mysql has trouble
> Is this still the case or have these been fixed within cygwin
> or mysql?
The threads were improved and it should be possible to build MySQL
including the server.
> Has anyone got mysql running under cygwin?
I got random crashes of the server but usual it starts again.
Was enough for my tests (that was version 3.23.43).
I have a patch and a script online:
Should still work with the 3.x series.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html