This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Peculiar problem problem running NT program with cron
- From: arnaud GAND <arnaud dot gand at seti-ic dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:06:37 +0100
- Subject: Peculiar problem problem running NT program with cron
- Organization: SETI
- Reply-to: arnaud dot gand at seti-ic dot com
I found a very peculiar problem with an NT CAD program in CYGWIN
environment. This program got two modes :
a graphical one (with GUI) and a terminal one (tty mode creating an NT
console). The CAD program is made of several
modules (several little programs) cummunicating with a file created in
a working directory.
The CAD program "tty mode" works fine when running in CYGWIN environment
and creates an NT
console for output. The same program doesn't work while running from
I made some tests to compare CYGWIN cron with planning service NT
regarding to my Bash script.
My tests are done with the local user Administrator of PC NT 4. Here are
the tests made :
1) Cron works on my NT station ( I schedules many tasks per week)
2) The Bash script is run under CYGWIN Bash and creates a log file from
CAD program : IT WORKS
3) The Bash script is run under CYGWIN Bash but Bash is run first with
a bat File from service Planning : IT WORKS
4) The Bash script is run as a task with CRON under CYGWIN : IT DOES NOT
WORK, first module does not work
5) The Bash script was modified, I added theses two lines :
export USERDOMAIN=AUTORITE NT
The first module works but as soon as the second module is runned,
the CAD program stopped with errors
6) I noted same troubles when running the program with rlogin or rsh
with CYGWIN. First module is running but the second one
not. The error message of CAD program point out problem with
communication file (unable to open in READ mode).
Is there anything regarding the NT console and CYGWIN standard
ouput/input in cron process.
What is the difference between CYGWIN cron and Planning regarding to NT
privileges of users. With Planning, it is the user SYSTEM
who runs CYGWIN environment but with cron it is the user Administrator.
Thanks for helping
SETI Ingénierie Conseil - Le DORAT
tel 05 55 60 65 59
fax 05 55 60 67 02
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html