RE: expect help on cygwin

--- "Harig, Mark A." <maharig@idirect.net> wrote:
> I've been looking at this problem, but don't have any solution.
> I believe that 'spawn' is broken because pseudo-tty support is
> not available in 'expect'.  At one time, this may have been
> because pseudo-tty support was not in the 'inetutils' package,
> but some tty support has been added.
>
> Here are some of the symptoms so far:
>
>   - Cygwin's expect is based on expect-5.26.  The latest release
>     of expect (July 18, 2002) is 5.38.
>
>   - Cygwin's tcl/tk is based on tcl-8.0.  The 'expect' home page
>     says (implicitly) that expect-5.38 works with tcl-8.3.2, but
>     it does not say that it won't work with tcl-8.0.
>
>   - expect-5.38 does not build "out of the box" with with Cygwin's
>     tcl-8.0.  It also has out of date 'configure', 'config.sub',
>     and 'config.guess' scripts.
>
> What to do?  Here are some alternatives:

Sorry to chime in here, but the latest gdb (a.k.a. insight) test
release includes an updated tcl/tk/itcl/tix.  IMHO, I think new test
releases of dejagnu & expect should have been built as well, but oh
well...  I think there is still a bug that I reported on a week or so
ago, but otherwise it should work ok.  Getting expect to compile
outside of the cygnus tree is a whole nother thing.

Cheers,
Nicholas