This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-1
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Waldemar Rachwal <Waldemar dot Rachwal at motorola dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:37:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-1
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><3D46753E.2B1355EA@motorola.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
Please keep questions on the list because others may be interested in
this issue too.
BTW, from my original posting:
In the text:
>> If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
>> list is the appropriate place.
In the headers:
> Have you compiled this new perl with threading?
There is no threading in Cygwin Perl.
> In your excerpt of Perl 5.8.0 there is no mention of thread support
> that itself seems to be the most visible in new perl.
Unfortunately this doesn't work (yet?). If you are a threads expert
please help to debug why we cannot build Perl with threading.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html