This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
case sensitive path names
- From: Dietrich Bollmann <dietrichbollmann at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: case sensitive path names
- Reply-to: Dietrich dot Bollmann at mail dot com
on one of my old unix backup CDs there are two folders
called 'mail' and 'Mail'. I tried to change into
'mail' but always end up in 'Mail'...
Reading the cygwin faq I was informed, that Win32
doesn't make any case difference and therefore neither
cygwin. Does this mean, that there is no way to read
my good old 'mail'??!?
Or better: Is there a way to read both of them, 'Mail'
and 'mail' using cygwin (or whatever other program on
Thanks a lot for any answer - and please send a copy
to my email address...
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html