This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to type an eurosign
- From: Sven Köhler <skoehler at upb dot de>
- To: John Vincent <jpv50 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: klaus-martin dot hansche at kvberlin dot de, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:47:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to type an eurosign
- References: <F314H4shXEE0aNgfZGX00006358@hotmail.com>
I don't have experience with the euro sign, but I use
the UK pound sign (on a UK keyboard). To make that work
in bash, I needed to put the following two lines in
my .inputrc file
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on
I hope it works for you too.
doesn't work. it even doesn't work in a real DOS-Box.
i think it's a UniCode-Char.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html