This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How to type an eurosign
- From: "Tony Arnold" <tony dot arnold at man dot ac dot uk>
- To: "'John Vincent'" <jpv50 at hotmail dot com>,<klaus-martin dot hansche at kvberlin dot de>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:50:58 +0100
- Subject: RE: How to type an eurosign
- Organization: University of Manchester
> I don't have experience with the euro sign, but I use
> the UK pound sign (on a UK keyboard). To make that work
> in bash, I needed to put the following two lines in
> my .inputrc file
> set convert-meta off
> set output-meta on
> I hope it works for you too.
It works for me! I use rxvt to run my bash shell and I use the Lucida
Console-P font. Ctrl-Alt-4 now exchoes as a euro symbol (ˆ).
But I don't get a Pound sign!
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html