This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: NTFS alternate stream
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:37:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: NTFS alternate stream
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 07:22:47PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
>I was pleasantly suprised to find that Cygwin supports NTFS alternate
>streams. Was this by design or accident?
You mean where you add a colon after the filename and store "extra stuff"
in it? We'd have to work not to allow that, so I guess you could say it
is by design. I'm sure that there must be some packages that don't understand
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html