This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
FAQ Alert Re: Executing bash commands from the bash command line
- From: Michael Hoffman <grouse at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Hamish Fawns <fawnha at aie dot act dot edu dot au>
- Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:52:17 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
- Subject: FAQ Alert Re: Executing bash commands from the bash command line
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Hamish Fawns wrote:
> I am trying to create a "Bash Here" utility that will allow me to open a
> Bash window in any directory by right clicking in the window and selecting
> "Bash Here" (similar to the "Command Prompt Here" Microsoft Powertoys
In addition to the responses already given, if you want to use rxvt
instead of the windows console you might want to check out:
and the associated follow-ups with improvements. (BTW, I have always had
this option for Drives; I just forgot to export it to the reg file. :-P
Well somebody else has solved this problem.
I seem to recall David Starks-Browning saying he was going to add
something like this to the FAQ.
Michael Hoffman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The University of Texas at Austin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html