This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh -X Protocol 2 fails to pass Ctrl-C
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:03:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: ssh -X Protocol 2 fails to pass Ctrl-C
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Kristopher R. Buschelman wrote:
> When I use X11 forwarding and ssh to a linux machine under protocol 2,
> Ctrl-C is not properly passed through to the remote machine, and my ssh
> session is terminated. The error message is:
> Killed by signal 2.
> I believe I have a current cygwin installation (cygwin dll: 1.3.12-2), and
> have the following ssh/ssl version:
> >ssh -V
> OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090605f
> If I do not forward X11 packets the problem does not occur. Also, if I
> connect to a linux machine that does not require protocol 2, the problem
> does not occur.
> I am more than happy to provide any other additional information you need to
> help track down this problem further, just give me very specific
> instructions as to how to collect that info for you.
> Kristopher Buschelman
I'm not able to reproduce this problem. I use cygwin 1.3.12-2 on Win2k,
`ssh -V`="OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090604f". I
tried to connect to a RedHat Linux 7.3, `uname -a`="Linux
floodgate.internal.net 2.4.18-3 #1 Thu Apr 18 07:31:07 EDT 2002 i586
unknown" using "ssh -2 -X floodgate.internal.net". Ctrl-C is passed
through with no problems to the bash prompt, as well as to cat and ls.
- Which OS are you running under?
- Exactly which commands are you using to connect to the linux server?
- Does this problem occur when connecting to other (linux and non-linux)
- In what situation did Ctrl-C terminate your session?
- Are you using authorized_keys, or some such mechanism?
- Is your X server started at the time when this problem occurs?
- What do you use to run ssh (i.e., command prompt, bash window, rxvt,
- Does it occur when connecting to the cygwin sshd on localhost (ok, ok,
maybe that last one's too much to ask unless you're already running
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html