This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Samuel <samuel at socal dot rr dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:28:32 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Cygwin Newsgroups
- References: <3D45BB09.16152.5BF8657A@localhost> <3D47F9AA.10912.64BD0B1E@localhost><00c301c23992$7e152a80$a352a518@samsystem>
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:34:45 -0700 Samuel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I think the emotional commentary occuring in this group is more prevalent
> than any other technical group I have seen. I think the moderator's
> commentary about the innapropriateness of discussing the newsgroup was
> marginally bizare.
The newsgroup portal is operated by people entirely independent of the
Cygwin project or Redhat. If there are any problems with newsgroups they
need to be handled by them, not by anyone associated with Cygwin. That's
why discussions of newsgroup operation are inappropriate in the Cygwin mail
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html