This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: WinXP upgrade breaks cron mapping
- From: Sven Köhler <skoehler at upb dot de>
- To: djordan at augustmail dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:00:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: WinXP upgrade breaks cron mapping
- References: <54470-22002852135547239@M2W042.mail2web.com>
as far as i know the SYSTEM-Account cannot acces any network drives.
I realize the cron is running under SYSTEM account and that's why I have to
manually map drives within my cron scripts. Is there any knowledge on the
differences with XP and NT which might explain why mapping the drives with
my own NT id would not work as they did prior to upgrading to XP? I have
the same permissions on the remote server as I always had.
you should perhaps su to your userid - altough this should already be
done by cron itself (if the cronjobs are not scheduled to run as root).
hope it helps.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html