This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Long Shot, Mostly OT Compiler / System Crash Issue
- From: "Joseph H. Buehler" <aspam at cox dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:45:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Long Shot, Mostly OT Compiler / System Crash Issue
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <email@example.com>
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Can anyone offer any suggestions about how to try to ascertain the
problem (with an eye toward finding a work-around, of course). I can't
really afford to replace the system right now and apart from this
repeatable hang, the system is reliable enough for me to live with, even
if I dislike its instability it a lot.
Try varying the compilation options, especially -O vs. without.
I believe that there are also two compiler for Cygwin -- gcc 2.95
and gcc 3.1. You might try whichever one you are not using.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html