This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mixed textfile-mode?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:12:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: mixed textfile-mode?
- References: <3D4DADA3.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:41:39AM +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
> i thought about introducing a "mixed" textmode - that means no
> converting when writing (this will result in normal UNIX lineendings)
> but CRLF to LF conversion when reading (which maked windows-files
> acceptable - UNIX lineendings would be accepted too, because an LF
> doesn't have to ber converted).
That already exist.
If you link an application agains /usr/lib/automode.o, you get this
mixed behaviour as default open mode in the whole app.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html