This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS
- From: s0lao at netscape dot net (S. L.)
- To: jason at tishler dot net (Jason Tishler), cedric dot dufour at freesurf dot ch (Cédric Dufour)
- Cc: pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com (Cygwin)
- Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:35:55 -0400
- Subject: RE: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS
>> 1. 'ipc-daemon --install-as-service' doesn't seem to work on Windows
>> XP (it generates a timeout error when trying to start the service ->
>I just determined that I cannot run cygipc's ipc-daemon directly as an
>NT service with Cygwin DLLs after 1.3.12 even under Windows 2000. What
>version of Cygwin are you using (i.e., uname -a)? Are you using a post
>1.3.12 snapshot or CVS?
If I remeber well, Charles Wilson, the maintainer of the ipc-daemon made a post on the cygwin mail list after the initial release of the 1.3.12 version of the dll (which he rejected, but ... :).
Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html