This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latestCygwin CVS
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: "S. L." <s0lao at netscape dot net>
- Cc: Cédric Dufour <cedric dot dufour at freesurf dot ch>,pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org, Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:01:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latestCygwin CVS
- References: <65E9456D.5C6C5A8A.00013D13@netscape.net>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:35:55AM -0400, S. L. wrote:
> >I just determined that I cannot run cygipc's ipc-daemon directly as an
> >NT service with Cygwin DLLs after 1.3.12 even under Windows 2000. What
> >version of Cygwin are you using (i.e., uname -a)? Are you using a post
> >1.3.12 snapshot or CVS?
> If I remeber well, Charles Wilson, the maintainer of the ipc-daemon
> made a post on the cygwin mail list after the initial release of the
> 1.3.12 version of the dll (which he rejected, but ... :).
The above is unrelated. I tracked down the problem and Thomas Pfaff
provided a patch. If interested, see the following mailing list threads
for the details:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html