This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin and long filenames with spaces
- From: Chris Game <chrisgame at bigfoot dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:12:51 +0100
- Subject: Cygwin and long filenames with spaces
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- Organization: .
How can you pass long filenames which include spaces to cygwin/bash
commands like 'ls' under MS-Windows? Neither escaping the spaces, nor
enclosing the filename in single or double quotes seems to work. I
have to use the old DOS style short filename like /cygdrive/Docume~
1/... which can be a nuisance.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html