This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.3.12: rm -rf on directory with open files hangs
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:20:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.3.12: rm -rf on directory with open files hangs
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <0208081059000W.13014@gilgamesh>
Michael Beach wrote:
Hi all, I've been bitten lately by rm -rf on a directory occasionally
hanging. After some fooling around, I've come up with a simple way of
reproducing the problem. I'm currently using 1.3.12 of the DLL on Windows
2000 Professional SP2. Results from 'cygcheck -s -v -r' are attached.
I have a patch for this that I have not yet submitted. The unlink()
system call needs to rename the file to a temporary directory and
then remove the file.
I'll post the patch to cygwin-patches in a bit.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html