This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Starting Apache for Cygwin as a service
- From: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:28:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: Starting Apache for Cygwin as a service
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <3D519F95.8080908@Salira.com> <3D517745.3350.10F4FE3@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
I think I can answer this one, maybe, from the scars I have trying to
get sshd to work on my machine.
Yeah that's what's happening. The problem is that apache doesn't have
any equivalent to -D as sshd has.
Make sure that you pass an argument to the apache executable so it
doesn't fork itself when it first starts up, much like -D for sshd. I
don't know the right option for Apache, and can't take the time right
now to look, but I'll bet that this is what is happening.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html