Re: setup Glide on Cygwin

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, hongxun lee wrote:

> >To compile it, you need to have gnat on your system.
>
> Thanks, I assume 'compile it' refers to compile the file: glideint.adb (?)
>
> I can't see that the 2 files README.BUILD and README.GLIDE (after unzip the
> *.tgz) agree each other.
>
> The first file seems give the steps you expressed, but the second says just
> run the file 'doinsatll',  but this script will be looking for some missing
> packages in the current dir, like Aunit, emacs*.tar (it is emacs
> installation pkg?), ..
>
> Dont know what to do, whats wrong.

The package you downloaded is the source of Glide.  Therefore, before you
install Glide, you need to compile it.  If you have an existing
installation of Emacs (as you would if you install it through Cygwin
setup), you'll need to manually install Glide.  Try to follow the
instructions in README.BUILD.  You still need to have gnat on your system
before you can compile Glide.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file