Re: uable to create executanles while using .cofigure through cygwin

> I am trying to install htdig on windows 2000 server. I
> am refering Idiots guide to install htdig. So the
> first thing is to install htdig. I have installed
> htdig, then i try to create executables using the
> ./configure command. But i am not able to do so. The
> messages that comes is "C compiler not able to create
> executables". I have gone and search through cygwin
> mailing list, but unable to find anything.

In the directory you're trying to build it, you'll have a file called
"config.log". Open it up in a text editor and find the part that says "C
compiler not able to create executables" (should be at or near the end). Paste
the text leading up to that part (the preceding few lines) here.

Kim Scarborough                                  http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"The United States is like the guy at the party who gives cocaine to
everybody and still nobody likes him."
                                                             -Jim Samuels