This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin and long filenames with spaces
- From: Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:00:19 -0700
- Subject: RE: cygwin and long filenames with spaces
- References: <20020809174336.DAYV28874.email@example.com><NCEBJJFMCAOKNNABBFIMAEJGCFAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
My experiments suggest both these contentions are correct, depending on how
one interprets them.
If I type this:
ls -l /cygdr<TAB>
ls -l /cygdr<ALT-*>
(same as this:)
ls -l /cygdr<ALT-SHIFT-8>
There are no completions. The same goes for "/pro" in place of "/cygdr".
However, doing this:
ls -l /cygdrive/<ALT-*>
I get a listing of all my drives (modulo the bug the causes my C: drive to
be omitted from /cygdrive). Likewise, this works for "/proc".
Mountain View, CA USA
At 09:48 2002-08-12, email@example.com wrote:
On 09 Aug 2002, "John Morrison" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> From: email@example.com
>> $ cd /cygdr<tab>
>> doesn't do what one might expect (i.e. it does not seem to
>> try to complete the line).
> Tab completion only works with real directories.
> /cygdrive, /proc are virtual.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html