This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Initial Cygwin process hangs on exit waiting for background processes to complete ...
- From: Anthony & Yinkwan <yinkwan2 at attbi dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: djwilson at drew dot edu
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:42:14 -0700
- Subject: Initial Cygwin process hangs on exit waiting for background processes to complete ...
I'm running the latest Cygwin distribution on NT 4.0 (poor me) and it
exhibits the following irritating behavior in shells launched from the
Windows environment (e.g. the Cygwin Bash script, or the XFree86 start
If there are any background processes, the invoking Cygwin process hangs
until they exit. Even the following trivial example :
# sleep 120 &
... elicits the problem with the shell's window hanging in until the
sleep completes. The upshot is more cosmetic than anything else
resulting in a shell window hanging around for the duration of my
Any ideas anyone ?
Mountain View, CA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html