This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Postgres as a service & the SYSTEM account - is it possible ?
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:32:13 +0200
- Subject: Postgres as a service & the SYSTEM account - is it possible ?
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
It seems no, but since its not explicitly written in the README
I thought I'd give it a try. What I get in the eventlog is a complaint
about an unsuccessful call to execv (Operation not permitted).
I tried to run it as SYSTEM since there is no tool to edit
users/groups on WinXP home, so I cannot add the 'Log on as service
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html