This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-4 released
- From: Don Dwiggins <dond at advancedmp dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 14 Aug 2002 09:55:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-4 released
- References: <20020814160935.6001E1BB3A@redhat.com>
Just for clarification, I'd like to see if my understanding is correct:
- The non-X-windows version will only run in a Cygwin "terminal" window.
- The X-windows version requires installation of the XFree packages; this
version will work similarly to NTEmacs, including multiple frames, etc.
And a question or two:
- Will the X-windows version work with gnuclient (or equivalent) to allow
things like associations with file types?
- Are there restrictions or awkwardness in accessing non-Cygwin-mounted
- Any other salient operational differences with NTEmacs?
Thanks for undertaking the effort to merge two excellent sets of software.
Don Dwiggins "The truth will make you free,
firstname.lastname@example.org but first it will make you miserable"
-- Tom DeMarco
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html