This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin takes *forever* to run gcc's configure!
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com" <crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:49:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin takes *forever* to run gcc's configure!
- References: <3D5B2D6C.BAE98B13@kegel.com>
- Reply-to: dank at kegel dot com
Dan Kegel wrote:
> I'm trying to build gcc3.0.4 for ppc on Cygwin, but the configure
> script is taking *forever*! ...
> I tried turning off my virus software, no change.
Hey, maybe the virus software did something after all, or maybe how
I started it this time, but I just started a run with
sh mybuildscript.sh > log 2>&1 &
instead of letting it go to the screen, and it's actually finished
the configure script in a reasonable amount of time.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html