This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin takes *forever* to run gcc's configure!
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Michael Hoffman <grouse at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:48:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin takes *forever* to run gcc's configure!
- References: <Pine.WNT.4.44.0208151457150.1592-100000@barbecueworld>
- Reply-to: dank at kegel dot com
Michael Hoffman wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > Jimm Burk wrote:
> > >
> > > If you are using Norton Antivirus you will find a process NOPDB.EXE
> > > which has something to with Norton. Check the process time of all the
> > > running processes and you may find the culprit. In my case it has
> > > always been the NOPDB.
> > [...]
> > BTW, should this be in the FAQ? I didn't see it...
Maybe http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC32 should point to that as
another possible performance problem.
FAQ author, please update?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html