This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available
- From: Pavel Holejsovsky <pavel dot holejsovsky at st dot com>
- To: joseph dot buehler at spirentcom dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:43:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available
- References: <3D5D01AB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3D5D0899.email@example.com> <H000076f167c247c.1029507837.eux100.sgp.st.com@MHS>
Pavel Holejsovsky wrote:
This problem is quite annoying. I already tried to investigate, and it
seems to me that occasionally SIGCHLD signal is NOT delivered to emacs
when the child process terminates. I tried to continue a little bit,
but got lost very quickly in cygwin's signal implementation (hey,
that's *really* complicated code). I tried strace and the only thing
which caught my eyes were these lines:
Does the process exit get noticed when you press control-g?
Yes! Does it ring some bell to you?
Even if not, never mind, C-g is really easy to use workaround :-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html