This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:48:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <20020816140359.51CB61B5E1@redhat.com> <E17flrQ-0002IJfirstname.lastname@example.org>
I don't know if you are aware or not, but it does not appear to
work as the message editor with Mutt. Emacs does not start,
instead "Fatal error (11).Signal 11". This is after setting
emacs as EDITOR="emacs" in .profile. Maybe it is something to do
with where Mutt places the temporary file (in my case on an
entirely different drive, f: - /cygdrive/f/Temp/filename) but
that is just a guess. It starts fine from the command line, even
- You might invoke a shell script instead and log the environment
variables and emacs startup arguments before invoking emacs.
- I saw this a lot as a result of dll relocation before I changed the
emacs load address. What OS are you using? Maybe the loader
acts differently. Or maybe you have zillions of dlls loaded?
Do you have the program from sysinternals (or is it Microsoft?)
that dumps the loaded dlls on the system?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html