This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
newbie's gripe with NT/2K/XP integration
- From: "Gen Zhang" <the_real_genneth at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:59:58 +0000
- Subject: newbie's gripe with NT/2K/XP integration
- Reply-to: genneth at genneth dot port5 dot com
***warning : bad phrasing of words below. please read with sympathy***
i'm sure that this subject has been broched on this list before, but i can't
for the life of me find anything in the archives. my question is why does
cygwin support the technologically challenged platforms 9x/ME and ruining
what could be much better support for the NT series. for example, the
interface with security under 9x is actually non-existent anyway and
removing support for 9x would make cygwin code smaller and neater (i'm an
advocate of _very_ elegant coding), not to mention faster and more secure
(what do you know, i mentioned them anyway :).
in any case, now that microsoft has combined 9x an NT into XP, isn't it time
that cygwin follows suit?
- "a small, insignificant guy somewhere, plotting world domination with a
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html