This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup crashed
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Yee Van <wxj0203 at yahoo dot com dot cn>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:18:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup crashed
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
Wednesday, August 21, 2002, 8:38:47 AM, you wrote:
YV> I downloaded and installed cygwin from my local
YV> directory.But everytime the setup.exe crashed and the
YV> setup message is :
This is known issue which has been fixed in the setup.exe CVS -
go and download a snapshot version of setup.exe from http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snaopshots/.
YV> I want to recompile the setup program on my PC using
YV> Visual C++ 6.0, how can I do this ?
I'm not sure that it would be as easy as justr compilin - it's
meant to compile with with GNU tools. For sure you can build it with
Visual C++, but you have to tweak it for that compiler first.
However, read this: http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html