This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: DoD Security Clearance for cygwin?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Dennis dot Carter at wpafb dot af dot mil
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:47:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: DoD Security Clearance for cygwin?
- References: <30C9E24891FFD411B68A009027724CB702C04D44@eg-002-015.eglin.af.mil>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:14:30AM -0500, Keen Wayne A Contr AFRL/MNGG wrote:
>I replied directly to Dennis. I know Cygwin showed up on an "approved"
>list of open source tools that was circulated here about a year ago.
>What was involved in the approval process I have little insight into.
I SINCERELY hope that no one uses cygwin in a secure environment. It is
very much not a secure tool.
I'm sure that Red Hat would entertain the option to fix up all of the
myriad security holes in Cygwin but, for now, please PLEASE do not use it
in a secure environment.
I hope this is clear.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html